Those Runs

I had a friend tell me once that running just isn't a sport and that they don't run at all, unless maybe a dog is dragging them. I remember hearing this with some shock and just, I guess, confusion. I can neither refute or defend the stance, because I don't understand the mentality behind it all.

But let me tell you... after doing all these ?K walks and obstacle course run/walks... for someone like me... that is a sport! I need to train. I need to prepare myself. Especially when there are two run/walks a year that my daughter and I do. One I enjoy, the other I wish I wasn't so inclined to do.

I spent the last week upping my walking game. As I mentioned in a previous post, I hurt myself pretty bad back in December and then again in February. That planters facious tendon is a brutal foe. So I've been ginger. I hate taking elevators just to go down one or two floors, but I did that for over a month just so that I wasn't antagnozing and stressing my foot. But it's April now and it's time to get moving.

Today is the Color Run for my daughter's school. She helped raise money for the PTN. We got the white shirts (NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!) and the extra things of powder, etc. etc. But oh my goodness, I'm literally too scared to jog 2 miles! I can walk 2 miles easy, but jog? I don't want my foot to flare up again.


After all the fear and all the frustration, I came out on top. They let us go in waves based on our child's grade level. Lucky for me, my daughter is in the lower grades. I made really great time and felt great at the end. I didn't feel like I killed myself. It was really amazing and uplifting. I didn't run, only walked and I can't tell you how proud I am of making it through the day.

Maybe things really are looking up for me.

Comments

Popular Posts