Fathead Meatball Rolls (Keto)

Fathead Meatball Rolls
12 rolls
Roughly 4 Net Carbs per Roll (not including sauce)



My Preparation

I usually make my preferred, simplistic meatball recipe of beef, Parmesan, egg, and seasoning, but my husband really wanted to try these and 3 meatballs were only 2 carbs and the fat and protein looked good.

I used this Fathead Bagel Dough Recipe, but didn't use the oats, adding in the almond flour alternative. I doubled the recipe, thinking I would need more dough for 12 meatballs and I'm glad I did. If I had leftovers, it could be refrigerated. Even with doubling, I followed the dough recipe to the letter and refrigerated it.

While the dough refrigerated, I cooked the meatballs in a skillet to cook them almost all the way through. I preheated the oven to 400F.

When the dough was chill, I doused my hands in Olive Oil and divided the dough into 12 small portions.

I took a meatball and pushed it into the middle of the dough and covered it, then formed a ball in my hands by rolling the dough-covered-meatball until it was round.

I placed the rolls on a silicon covered baking sheet and baked until light brown and a little crispy.


The sauce is just a can of organic tomato sauce with a small can of organic tomato paste. I added seasoning until I was happy. The carbs were low per portion of sauce.

Each roll was about 4 net carbs. Only 3 rolls and we were full. I'd recommend it for your one meal for the day.

In the future, I'd cut down on the amount of dough around each meatball, but overall it was really delicious.

Comments

Popular Posts