Chocolate Avocado Bullet Protein Coffee Shake

I had no idea what to call this and I don't think a picture would do it justice, since it's just a weird brown/green color, but I made this based on a recommendation from a nutritionist I had a brief consultation with. She was explaining that net carbs are alright to count, because when something is all fiber (like Chia Seeds), the body doesn't make that into "bad carbs."  So I switched from straight carbs to net carbs to see if I start to see a bigger difference. Then, of course, she recommended the avocado with the chocolate, because she said it tasted like banana. I was hesitant, because avocado has high carbs, but if you Net Carb, its alright to eat. From there came this creation.

This recipe is high in the calories, but is supposed to fill you up for the day and give you a significant fat boost.

Chocolate Avocado Bullet Protein Coffee Shake
Serves: 1

Ingredients

  • 25g of Vega Chocolate Protein Powder
  • 1 medium avocado
  • 3 TBSP organic unsalted butter
  • 4 TBSP Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 3 TBSP Torani Sugar Free French Vanilla Syrup
  • 1 TBSP Chia Seeds
  • 1/4 tsp Liquid Stevia
  • Coffee (your preferred amount. I used about 8oz.)


Directions

  1. You can use hot or cold coffee. The cold coffee with not melt the butter. So if you want a cold drink, melt the butter before adding it. If you want a hot drink, blend when you feel your coffee is at the right temperature.
  2. Put coffee and butter in the blender first and blend until frothy.
  3. Add in all the other ingredients. Blend until mix through.
  4. Add 1 cup of ice and blend.
  5. Drink!


It might seem like a big portion, but like I said... it's meant to fill you up for your big day and potentially push you through lunch, depending on how your body is processing. The first day I made it, I split it with my husband and was pretty alright, but again... preference.

Nutrition based on entering it into MyFitnessPal.

Calories: 878
Carbs: 24g
Fiber: 17g
Sugars: 2g
Net Carbs: 7g
Fat: 79g
Protein: 22g

Comments

Popular Posts